Check out our webinars from Thursday, 10th March for more details!
Learn to Fly in Hootsuite’s Engineering Nest!
Fresh minds, creative thinkers and talented students. The Silicon Valley type of tech company with the technical challenges, perks, best talent & vibe welcomes you in Bucharest.
If you’re an outstanding undergrad with a strong passion to make things better, we encourage you to apply to our Junior Software Developer, Backend role. In this role you will be designing, building, testing, and shipping high quality software that delivers value to our customers. You'll work on a small and agile team, learning how to refine and improve the products that we deliver through continuous feedback and collaboration. Your team will own the entire delivery lifecycle from beta releases to production ready, scalable products suitable for new and existing customers.
Check out the product we fully own and develop in Bucharest, Analytics.
## What you will do
- Work within a cross-functional team (including designers, product managers, architects and other developers), learning best practices and delivering compelling products and services to our customers
- Write, test and deploy high quality scalable code.
- Assist with the implementation of our technical roadmap as we scale our services and build new products.
- Maintain standards of security, reliability, performance, and quality.
- Participate in code reviews, and apply software development best practices.
- Learn from the expertise of your peers and work-out-loud to share your experiences internally and within our community.
- Work with the following technologies: Go, Python, MongoDB, Elasticsearch, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, GRPC
## What we expect from you
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or proven experience developing and maintaining software (including co-op terms and internships).
- You are proficient in at least one programming language, ideally Go or Python, and have a desire to learn other languages.
- You have been a solid contributor in technical project teams either in a post secondary or work setting.
- Knowledge of best practices to ensure high-quality code (i.e. automated tests)
- Open Communication: clearly conveys thoughts, both written and verbally, listening attentively and asking questions for clarification and understanding
- Collaboration and Teamwork: works with others to deliver results, meaningfully contributing to the team and prioritizing group needs over individual needs
- Self Development: is personally committed to, and actively works to continuously improve Perseverance: pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish—doesn’t give up
## What we offer
- Competitive compensation package
- Meal vouchers
- Health benefits
- Vision benefit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Allowance
- Headspace subscription
- Bookstr subscription
- Macbook equipment
- Flexible schedule
- Remote work
- The chance to get involved in our meetups & hackathons
- 26 vacation days/year
- Wellness Week (5 days off for the whole company, at the same time)
- Mental health/sick leaves
- Owly Time (every 3rd Quarter of the year all our Fridays are half days)