Ready to join the future of innovation in Crypto & Security at NXP? Become part of a highly talented team and dynamic team that develops and tests state-of-the art secure cryptographic libraries protected against physical and logical attacks which have applications across all different NXP domains and business lines (payment, identification, mobile, IoT, Automotive, Edge Processing, etc.).
As an Automation Engineer Intern in the Secure Software IP team you will be ensuring the availability of the Continuous Integration system, assisting in the development and testing for state of the art secure cryptographic libraries.
You will learn about Continuous Integration systems and automation processes and procedures. You will help automate the test flows and integrate automation activities for KPI reporting. You will be implementing and maintaining automation scripts in Python or Bash.
- Aligning with the software development and test engineers on the automation requirements
- Learning about automation testing and continuous integration
- Learning about maintaining and configuring a CI infrastructure (Bamboo agents, farm machines and setups etc.)
- Understanding how to automate an embedded testing environment flow
- Interacting, using and configuring source management tools (such as git)
- Interacting, using and configuring tools from the Atlassian toolchain.
The Secure Software IP team is a cross-located team with members distributed across multiple NXP sites. Both technical competency and attitude are important in our team, and you are expected to collaborate with local and global team members, to demonstrate independence in solving problems and agility in switching projects as per customer priorities, to be motivated by delivering results, to be assertive in supporting your technical design opinions, and to be open on the challenges towards achieving the expected results.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Practical experience with scripting development (Python or similar)
- Knowledge of testing practices
- Debugging skills for scripting tools
- Knowledge of software versioning tools, especially Git and SVN
- Practical experience with Database implementation and management is considered a plus.
- Good problem solving skills.
Furthermore, you are:
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Proactive and capable of independent work
- Flexible and capable of switching tasks quickly