An important part of our system is the web & mobile frontend where our clients can view the current status of their locations, see historical data (as nice looking graphs), and even remotely control / schedule their ventilation systems. We also have a backend (cloud-based servers) managing a pretty big repository (i.e., database) where we store sensor data and run various analysis algorithms on it.
You will be under the mentorship of a skilled senior with over 10 years of experience of web development, also being a certified trainer in Google Cloud technologies.
- Develop & deploy code for both frontend and backend in a cloud + IoT setting;
- Design responsive UI to be usable among both desktop and mobile devices;
- Develop scalable microservices and use APIs to ensure proper integration;
- Integrate with various database management systems and choose the most appropriate solution for the task at hand;
- Collaborate with an interactive team to bring new amazing features to life;
- Work along with the embedded development team to further analyze and plan for the requirements of resource constrained systems;
- Finished or currently enrolled in a relevant degree program in computer science or a related field;
- Medium HTML + CSS skills (especially for building grid-based layouts, common in most web applications);
- Basic knowledge of the HTTP protocol (common methods & headers);
- Experience with a modern frontend JS framework (Angular / React / Polymer / LitElement / other template engines);
- Experience with NodeJS for backends;
- Experience with any web frontend or backend build systems (e.g., WebPack / Rollup / Parcel);
- Problem solving skills (mostly, the ability to search, read & understand documentations!);
- Optional: experience with containers (e.g., Docker) and Kubernetes is a plus!
- Optional: TypeScript knowledge is a big plus!