Company Overview: CrowdStrike is a global leader in cybersecurity. Our University Program is dedicated to attracting and cultivating the next generation of talent in virtually every field. Our program offers competitively paying positions that allow students and recent graduates to gain real-world experience and develop essential skills while they learn from the best and brightest working professionals. We offer our interns a structured twelve- or ten-week program and supportive, collaborative virtual, in-person, and hybrid environments where they can ignite their passion for the future of technology. Our University Program is designed to provide participants with exposure to meaningful work that supports CrowdStrike’s mission to make the digital world a safer place to live and work. CrowdStrike is where your talent meets cutting-edge tech. Ready to start building a career you can be proud of? Join us!
Fully Remote: The Data Science Internship is fully remote and requires no travel. Your work location is the city/town/province you will be working from remotely. It is recommended (not mandatory) that interns work occasionally out of the Bucharest office to build better connections with the team.
About the Role:
- You will have the opportunity to apply your coding, mathematical and scientific research skills to the bleeding edge of security technology. Through leveraging large-scale rich data you will work towards meaningfully improving our machine learning based technology and refine our identification of malicious computer software and behavioural threats.
- Work directly with experienced Data Scientists, helping to create predictive machine learning models that help detect and stop today's most sophisticated threats
- Hone your ability to balance detail-oriented research with goal-oriented business objectives
- Implement and experiment with new algorithms and methodologies to help improve our machine learning models
- Automate and visualise analyses, results and processes in our machine learning pipeline
- 3rd or final year Computer Science student (we will also consider Master / PhD students)
- Analytical minded with understanding of linear algebra and statistics or an equivalent knowledge of applied mathematics.
- Experienced in writing Python code to pre-process and analyse data to generate actionable insights
- Passionate to develop your knowledge and learn new technologies, algorithms and concepts
- Experience with working in a Linux environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- Have experience working on very large data sets of sparse high dimensional data and experience in pre-processing and analysing such data to gain actionable insights
- Good understanding of basic Machine Learning Techniques (SVM, Logistic Regression etc)
- Passionate to gain knowledge of CI / CD and associated best practices along with Docker-based development and orchestration
- Willing to learn to contribute to the open source community (GitHub, Stack Overflow, blogging)
- Prior experience with Spinnaker, Relational DBs, or KV Stores
- Security enthusiast