#WeAreCrowdStrike and our mission is to stop breaches. As a global leader in cybersecurity, our team changed the game. Since our inception, our market leading cloud-native platform has offered unparalleled protection against the most sophisticated cyberattacks. We’re looking for people with limitless passion, a relentless focus on innovation and a fanatical commitment to the customer to join us in shaping the future of cybersecurity. Consistently recognized as a top workplace, CrowdStrike is committed to cultivating an inclusive, remote-first culture that offers people the autonomy and flexibility to balance the needs of work and life while taking their career to the next level. Interested in working for a company that sets the standard and leads with integrity? Join us on a mission that matters - one team, one fight.
About the role:
Help us protect CrowdStrike and its customers from the most advanced threats! CrowdStrike’s Threat Detection and Response Efficacy works with the Malware Research Center on adversarial emulation to improve detections by CrowdStrike’s products.
What you’ll do:
- As a Threat Detection and Response Efficacy intern, you will assist in building tools and performing activities related to various aspects of security including, but not limited to: tactics and techniques, adversarial emulation, documentation and kill chain development.
- Contribute to the adversarial emulation effort creating kill-chain steps and researching adversary techniques
- Perform analysis on binary and script samples to determine their maliciousness level (true positive/false positive)
- Pursuing an Undergraduate (in third or final year) Degree or Masters within a relevant field/degree subject area
- Passionate about cyber security, reverse engineering
- Interest in understanding exploitation tradecraft and actor tactics, techniques and procedures (TTPs)
- Highly organised
- You have experience with one or more scripting languages (Python, Powershell, bash etc.)
- Experience with tools for querying large data sets (e.g. Splunk. Elastic Search, etc.)
- MITRE ATT&CK Framework knowledge
- Malware Analysis and/or red team operations
- Win32 API knowledge and implementation with C++
- Machine learning knowledge or experience
What You Can Expect:
- Remote-first culture
- Executive Speaker Series & Tech Talks
- Fun socials and give-back events (e.g. virtual trivia, escape rooms, Intern Spirit Week)
- Development workshops to grow your soft and hard skills
- Networking opportunities with fellow interns and CrowdStrikers
- Owning impactful projects that move the company forward
- Working alongside a diverse and global team
- Assigned one-on-one mentor and continuous feedback
- Participation in our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs)
- Access to our FalconFit Wellness Program and Employee Assistance Program etc.) occurring weekly
- Fun Slack channels (e.g. food, gaming, sports, pets, etc.)
- Paid holidays, sick days, and optional enrollment into pension plans
- Market leader in compensation
We are committed to fostering a culture of belonging where everyone feels seen, heard, valued for who they are and empowered to succeed. Our approach to cultivating a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture is rooted in listening, learning and collective action. By embracing the diversity of our people, we achieve our best work and fuel innovation - generating the best possible outcomes for our customers and the communities they serve.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.