Why join Ericsson? We are a world leader in the rapidly changing environment of communications technology – by providing hardware, software, and services to enable the full value of connectivity. You’ll play a part in using your skills and creativity to push the boundaries of what’s possible. To build never-seen-before solutions to some of the world’s toughest problems. Join a team of like-minded innovators driven to go beyond the status quo to build what’s next. At Ericsson, you can be an explorer, a change maker and a force for good. Our purpose: To create connections that make the unimaginable possible. Our vision: A world where limitless connectivity improves lives, redefines business and pioneers a sustainable future. Our values: Our culture is built on over a century of courageous decisions, in a place where co-creation and collaboration are embedded in the walls and where our core values of professionalism, respect, perseverance and integrity shine through in everything we do.
About this opportunity As a 5G Core & Telecom Core Integration Engineer Intern you will experience being in the front line of delivering the newest technology to operators and you will have the chance to put your theoretical knowledge into practice. Currently, most of our projects have 5G Stand Alone/NFVi/Containerization exposure, along with the opportunity to develop automation skills (Ansible/Python/Jenkins for those inclined towards coding).
This opportunity suits you if you are a 2nd or 3rd year student with a passion for technology, proficient in English and with good Telecommunications, Linux and Networking knowledge. You will receive a 2-month offer, starting with July 2023 and you will work in a hybrid mode, both from the office and from your home. After the internship, following a feedback session regarding your experience at Ericsson both from you and the team, and taking into account our business needs, you could continue your journey with us with a part time job.
You’ll get the opportunity to
- Explore and understand more about 5G;
- Learn to perform cluster Kubernetes deployment and installation;
- Learn to perform operation, administration and troubleshooting;
- Learn to cover different areas including virtual Core Network Deployments and adjacent Cloud Deployment;
- Explore end to end and understand main areas such as Packet Core, IMS (IP Multimedia Subsystems), User Data Management and 5G Private Networks;
- Explore new technical areas and grow within a team who shares knowledge and enables competence build;
- Work closely with the team as well as the customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (IT, Telecom) – in progress 2nd or 3rd year student
- Good knowledge of Telecommunications or Networking;
- Good foundation of computer science;
- Linux – good knowledge;
- Cloud infrastructure (OpenStack) and Cloud Native Networking knowledge (for 5G role)
- Docker and Kubernetes knowledge (for 5G role);
- Cloud infrastructure knowledge – OpenStack (for 5G role);
- Scripting knowledge (Ansible) would be nice to have (for 5G role);
- Very good English skills;
- Dedicated, motivated, pro-active and technology oriented;
- Reliable, open to network and with a growth mentality;
- Flexible and pragmatic when needed;
- Passionate about self-improvement.
What´s in it for you?
- Be part of a professional team;
- Have international exposure to a variety of projects;
- Learn to work with popular technologies;
- Get familiar with the latest trends;
- Make new friends, exchange ideas and enjoy a fun working environment;
- Enjoy compensation, benefits package and a professional working place.
What we offer Interns who join us will enjoy an outstanding chance to make connections, to make change, to make a real difference. We are always looking for interns to become permanent members of our Ericsson team, so you’ll have the opportunity to discuss your future with us during your internship.