About Lenovo Summer Internship Program
We are looking for 20 students to join our team for the Summer Internship Program that will start on July 1st. The interns will work for 3 months on unique technical projects that encourage creativity and innovation and will get to practice the day-to-day activity of a Software Engineer. Furthermore, during the summer they will also have hands-on experience of the software development process and will be provided trainings, guidance and mentoring from our local and global experts.
During this program, you will work on an end-to-end project, starting with the design and architecture to testing and implementation.
You will have constant guidance and support from our mentors and peers as well as the tools and learning platforms to help you succeed in the delivery of the project. At the end of the internship, you will have the chance of presenting your masterpiece project to Lenovo’s Management Team and unlock your technical abilities.
Students that participate in the Summer Internship Program have the chance to be offered a full-time Graduates full-time position or an extended internship throughout the year.
The selected CVs will be contacted for a short phone interview. Candidates who pass the phone screening will be invited to the Lenovo office to participate at an Assessment Center Day. During that event, they will join a series of activities, will get to know the Lenovo Team and the Technical Mentor and will attend the final interviews.
In this position, you will:
- Develop great Back-End features in NodeJS
- Learn and improve your coding skills (we don’t expect you to come with a lot of experience, but we will make sure that you’ll gain it)
- Learn and improve your soft skills (we have a lot of trainings, external speakers, voluntary activities, etc)
- Propose technical solutions and take part in discussions and design planning meetings
- Have a mentor who will offer you support, feedback, and code review any time you need it
- Have fun with your colleagues, because we are all young and open-minded
Apply if you have:
- Good knowledge of Back-End frameworks such as NodeJS
- Good knowledge of NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Good GIT knowledge
- Basic Linux knowledge
- Investigation and debugging skills
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
Nice to have:
- Good Computer Science fundamentals and algorithmic thinking
- Basic knowledge of Unit Testing
- Basic knowledge of Front-End technologies (preferably Angular)
- Basic knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes
Do not hesitate to contact us now, as you can start in this position immediately! In the future, you are also able to grow in your career as we have over various technical roles in our lab, so you can gain expertise from different fields!