If you love operating systems and have a passion for embedded programming, then this is for you. We are looking for students passionate to develop functionalities that are sent upstream in the Linux Kernel and uboot communities.
You will hack on Networking subsystems for Layerscape devices, you will learn a lot about Linux kernel internals, networking stack, ethernet and switch drivers, device trees,.. and will work on next generation high-performance multicore solutions
By joining our team, you will have the opportunity to work with experienced Linux kernel developers and upstream maintainers and be part of an enthusiastic software development team
In your role, you will:
- Design and implement new Networking functionalities, port them to the new architectures;
- Modify networking firmware;
- Upstream Linux and uboot device drivers, kernel subsystems, user space tools and port them on new architectures.
To ensure your success in this role, the following experience is needed:
- Student at Electronics and Telecommunications or Computer Science
- Linux development. Knowledge of ANSI C programming;
- Comfortable with git would be a plus;
- Scripting language such as Python would be a plus.