Present in Romania for over 40 years, Thales is expanding its presence in the country by growing its Digital capabilities and by developing a Group Engineering Competence Centre (ECC). Operating from Bucharest, Thales delivers solutions in a number of core businesses, from ground transportation, space and defence, to security and aeronautics.
We have several internship opportunities. If you are looking for the solidity of a Global Group that is at the forefront of innovation, but with the agility of a human structure that tailors to the personal development of its employees and allows opportunities for evolution in an international environment, then this is the place for you!
- Work in an agile team to build a scalable, reliable and secure software;
- Design, develop, deploy, integrate various features into existing or new products, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result;
- Assists as part of the team on the design of components of larger systems;
- Monitors and reports on the progress of software development project, using appropriate quality assurance processes to ensure that projects are carried out in accordance with agreed standards, methods and procedures;
- Tests the programmed solution.
- You have a passion for technology; you enjoy constantly developing your skills;
- You are resourceful, innovative and solution oriented;
- You are able to adapt and react to change;
- You want your work to have a purpose;
- You want to be recognized as a good team player while enjoying working in autonomy and being empowered;
- Finally, you like challenges and are willing to grow a global engineering competence centre in Romania - you are the person we are looking for!
- You are studying Computer Science or a similar technical domain;
- You have the basic knowledge in Agile software development processes;
- School projects experience using C programming;
- Knowledge of embedded systems and real time operating systems;
- Basic knowledge of/contact with tools like: Git, Jira;
- Knowledge of LINUX, Bash scripting;
- Committed to the highest levels of quality.
- Intercultural communication, including the empathy to work in an international team;
- Good problem solving and diagnostic skills;
- Solution oriented while being open to embrace new technologies;
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English.
Life as a Thales Software Engineer:
As a software engineer within Thales in Romania, you can work in the fields of ground transportation, space, aerospace, security or defence applications.
- You work within in a scrum team with other software developers and testing engineers, in Agile mode;
- You contribute to the requirement definition, to the software design;
- You develop, test and integrate;
- You will make estimations and give inputs for the planning together with the team members;
- Your peers are recognized experts in the field - They will help you get up to speed and will gladly devote time to support your development.
Your career at Thales:
Joining Thales, you will integrate into a tight-knit team working in an international and friendly environment. Thanks to various teams working on multiple fields and domains, all located in Bucharest, you will be able to evolve and grow your competences in different areas.
- Room for and attention to personal development;
- The opportunity to grow within the organisation, for instance on a technical, managerial or international level, within the various markets Thales is working in.