The Naval Engineering/Competence Center Romania (Bucharest) is looking for talented Java software engineers with passion for technology and the ambition to make a career in a high-tech environment.
Thales Naval Romania is a newly created software development center focused on developing state of the art solutions in domains like Tactical Navigation and Visualization, Electronic Surveillance, Air Control, Event Detection, Search and Rescue. Organized in multiple Scrum teams, the new group will partner with Thales Netherlands in defining and delivering highly performant and reliable software to run the ships from all over the world!
Project Description The Tactical Information and Command System (TACTICOS) is a Combat Management System, designed for the benefit of today’s multi-role navies, to provide automated capabilities in support of executing Combat and Maritime Security Operations in the air, surface, subsurface, and land environment. It covers the full range of missions in which safety, security, and defense tasks are performed.
- Do you have a passion for technology and would like to build software that impacts the world?
- Have you dreamed about solving complex software problems in domains like tactical navigation or air control?
- Are you a positive, open-minded and upbeat person?
- If you can answer "yes" to these questions then Thales Naval is the right place for you!
What you will do:
- Work in an agile team to build a scalable, reliable and secure software;
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents, and provide timely and meaningful feedback;
- Design, develop, deploy, integrate various features into existing or new products;
- Develop test automation and testing suites;
- Participate in peer code reviews and product feature reviews;
- Perform research on various technologies and define architectural improvements;
- Drive software ideas from concept to reality in a team setting;
- Become a product expert in key areas to facilitate higher quality development efforts;
- Drive adoption of new technologies and contribute to continuous increase of technical knowledge.
What you will need to succeed:
- You are studying Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Understanding of Data Structures, Design Patterns, and Architectural Patterns;
- Knowledge of Java development and tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ);
- Passionate about computer science and developing software;
- Knowledge of Linux and basic bash scripting;
- Committed to the highest levels of quality;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Good written and verbal communication skills;
- Spoken and written English proficiency.
What we offer:
- An opportunity for you to work embedded in a software development team;
- Flexible and casual work culture;
- Working alongside a bunch of super talented and friendly people;
- Continuous learning and development opportunities;
- Cutting-edge technology solutions;
- Mentorship to help you develop your career.