The Naval Engineering/Competence Center Romania (Bucharest) is looking for talented SOFTWARE TEST ENGINEERs with a passion for technology and the ambition to make a career in a high-tech environment.
Thales Naval Romania is a newly created software development center focused on developing state of the art solutions in domains like Tactical Navigation and Visualization, Electronic Surveillance, Air Control, Event Detection, Search and Rescue. Organized in multiple Scrum teams, the new group will partner with Thales Netherlands in defining and delivering highly performant and reliable software to run the ships from all over the world!
The Tactical Information and Command System (TACTICOS) is a Combat Management System, designed for the benefit of today’s multi-role navies, to provide automated capabilities in support of executing Combat and Maritime Security Operations in the air, surface, subsurface, and land environment. It covers the full range of missions in which safety, security, and defense tasks are performed.
Do you have a passion for technology and would like to build software that impacts the world?
Have you dreamed about solving complex software problems in domains like tactical navigation or air control?
- Are you a positive, open-minded and upbeat person?
- If you can answer "yes" to these questions then Thales Naval is the right place for you!
What will you do:
- Work in multidisciplinary and self-managing Agile team;
- Design, develop and execute test automation and testing suites;
- Build scalable, reliable and secure software test automation projects based on a test framework (reuse of assets where available);
- Test in an iterative manner Combat Management systems, applications and subsystem interfaces;
- Participate in peer code reviews and product feature reviews;
- Become a product expert to facilitate higher quality testing efforts;
- Work towards a consolidated Test Automation Engineer profile (i.e. BDD, ISTQB syllabus, OCA syllabus);
- Be part of a team fully responsible for a variety of aspects such as requirements analysis, architecture, software implementation, IVVQ and regular product demonstrations.
What you will need to succeed:
- You are studying Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- Knowledge of Java development and tools (Eclipse, IntelliJ);
- Committed to the highest levels of quality;
- Have an analytical attitude and know how to detect errors and together with the development teams you will analyze these problems;
- You are result-oriented, show your initiative and communicate clearly;
- You are creative, open and flexible and you can operate as a team player;
- A proficient understanding of the English language in word and writing is necessary for proper job fulfillment;
- Knowledge of test automation tools and practices (i.e. BDD, Gherkin, Cucumber, Selenium etc.) is an advantage;
- Insights into testing standards and principles: e.g. ISTQB
- Foundations knowledge is an advantage;
- Knowledge with the following tools and techniques is nice to have: Spring Framework, JUnit, Linux, Jenkins, Nexus, Maven / Gradle, GIT / SVN and Continuous Integration & Delivery.
What we offer:
- An opportunity for you to work embedded in a software development team;
- Flexible and casual work culture;
- Working alongside a bunch of super talented and friendly people;
- Continuous learning and development opportunities;
- Cutting-edge technology solutions;
- Mentorship to help you develop your career.