At the Amazon Development Center, Bucharest, part of Amazon Web Services (AWS), we work on global-scale compute platforms, with special focus on serverless & container virtualization technologies, trusted compute, and server fleet tooling for AWS EC2. We invent, own, and operate core compute platforms for EC2, Amazon, and the cloud.
You will be part of the OS and Emulation team, which focuses on cutting-edge virtualization technologies, with an emphasis on security and Nitro hypervisor features. You work on Nitro Enclaves, a product that allows customers to run code in a highly secure environment. Our team is implementing a challenging and enthusiastic vision around cryptographic attestation and trusted computing fully owned by our AWS Bucharest office.
You will be part of a team involved in every aspect of the software development process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems that meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
Your main goal here will be to work on your growth as an engineer. You will ramp up with the support of your dedicated mentor, and then you will work on a team deliverable that is both a good learning opportunity and has practical applicability.
Come help us make history!
- Studying computer science or a related discipline.
- Interest in the areas of low-level software engineering or systems programming.
- Familiar with the Linux development environment and tools.
- Familiar with one programming or scripting language suited for system-level software development, for example: C, C++, Rust, Python or Java.
- One semester of hands-on experience focused in the areas of low-level software engineering or systems programming, for example with Linux, C, C++, Rust
- Familiar with Python or Java
- A good understanding of Linux networking and OS internals
- Knowledge of basic data structures and algorithms
For the full appendix, please search for '1062599' on amazon.jobs